Comprehensive study about public art in Douala Cameroon with a comparative analysis
A comprehensive study of the exceptional production of public art in the city of Douala in Cameroon between 1991 and 2017. A catalogue raisonné of all works produced, an evaluation of their impact (starting from an exploration of their impact on safety evaluated with surveys, observations, changes through time in the sites), a comparative analysis with the production of public art in the cities of Luanda in Angola and Johannesburg in South Africa. Support in the production of public art in Douala Cameroon and production of public art in Esino Lario in Italy.
Selection of Outputs:
- Pensa, Iolanda (ed.). Public Art in Africa. Art et transformations urbaines à Douala /// Art and Urban Transformations in Douala, ed. Iolanda Pensa with Marta Pucciarelli, Fiona Siegenthaler, Marilyn Douala Bell, Kamel Verschuren, Xandra Nibbeling, Lucas Grandin, Asta Adukaite, Maud de la Chapelle, MetisPresses, 2017.
- Pensa, Iolanda and Davide Fornari. Mobile Access to Knowledge: Culture and Safety in Africa in Design practices for urban safety and security, ed. Emanuela Bonini Lessing, Franco Angeli, 2015.
- Pensa, Iolanda. Public art and Urban Change in Douala in Making Douala 2007-2013, catalogue of the exhibition Making Douala 2007-2013, International Architecture Biennale Rotterdam, 2012.
- Project results. Mobile Access to Knowledge: Culture and Safety in Africa (2010-2015). Mobile A2K Methodology Guide: Mobile Access to Knowledge Culture and Safety in Africa, 1st edition, 15 October 2012. Mobile A2K methodology workshop pre-proceedings, March 2012. http://www.mobilea2k.supsi.ch
- Related project for the communication. Culture and Safety in Africa, 2015-2017.