- Senior researcher at SUPSI University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Southern Switzerland, Department for Environment Constructions and Design, Institute of Design, since 2013.
- Chair of the international committee of the Wikipedia world conferences, since 2017. Volunteer.
- Coordinator of Ecomuseo delle Grigne Grigne, since 2008. Volunteer.
- Board member, SUPSI, 2020-2024.
- Head of research for “Culture and Territory” area at the Laboratory of visual culture, SUPSI, since 2017.
- Consultant for Open Science, Reseach and innovation Services, since 2019.
- Member of the research axe 7 “The role of arts in life and well-being of citizens and their communities”.
- Member of the Competence centre for Cooperation and Development.
- Scientific director WikiAfrica/Share Your Knowledge, lettera27 Foundation (2007-).
- Strategic consultant, Africa Centre, Stellenbosch, Cape Town, South Africa, 2006-2008.
- Founder and board member, iStrike Foundation, Rotterdam, The Netherlands, 2005-2008.
- Consultant, doual’art, Douala, Cameroon, January 2005 – April 2007. Volunteer.
- Collaborator, Multiplicity Research Agency, Milan, Italy, June 2004 – 2005. Volunteer.
- Researcher, Africa e Mediterraneo, Sasso Marconi, Bologna, Italy, 2002-2006.
Membership in panels and boards
- Scientific committee, Africa e Mediterraneo, Bologna, Italy, January 2007 – ongoing.
- International Jury, Wiki Loves Monuments, 2014.
- Consultant, Prince Claus Fund for Culture and Development, Amsterdam, 2008-2013.
- Advisory Board, Kunstverein Foundation of contemporary art, Amsterdam and Milano, 2009-2011.
- Consultant, Curry Stone Design Prize, USA, 2008.
- Advisory Board member (2007-2008) and board member (2008-2012), Moleskine Foundation (previously lettera27 Foundation), 2007-2012.
- Technical Committee for the participation of Africa at the Venice Biennale, EDnet, Venice, Italy, 2006-2008.